Creating Winning Smiles
As your orthodontist, I pledge to provide you with the highest quality of care, using only the best materials, state-of-the-art technology, and leading-edge treatments. You deserve an incredible smile and an amazing orthodontic experience; my team and I will deliver both.
I look forward to meeting and getting to know you on a personal level. It’s a pleasure to spend my days talking and laughing with people who’ve become my friends, and I’d be honored to do the same with you.
I promise to care for you the way I would care for someone in my family: with kindness and respect.
Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in medical biology – University of Utah
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry
- General practice residency – VA Medical Center, University of Nebraska
- Orthodontic specialty degree – University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
Each year I complete many hours of continuing education. By learning breakthrough techniques, and staying current on new technology, I am able to deliver the best results for my patients. I’ve received hands-on training in Invisalign®, high-tech superelastic metals, and numerous other orthodontic options.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- Rocky Mountain Society of Orthodontists
- Utah Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Utah Dental Association
- Salt Lake District Dental Society
I was raised in Salt Lake City and graduated from Skyline High School. Following graduation, I served a two-year church mission to South Korea before returning to the U.S. and pursuing my degrees.
I now live in Sandy with my wife, Heidi Ryan. We’re the proud parents of four children: three sons and a daughter. Our oldest son, Tony Jr., followed in my footsteps and is now an orthodontist. Our two younger sons, Jeff and David, elected to pursue degrees in medicine. And our daughter Sarah is currently attending BYU.